Barcelona goalkeeper jasper Cillessen has emerged as a transfer target for the host of Europe’s top clubs.
Former Ajax custodian was forced to play second fiddle to Marc-Andre ter Stegen this season, with his playing time severely limited under Ernesto Valverde.
The 29-year-old only made 10 appearances for the Catalans, most of which came in Barcelona’s Copa del Rey winning campaign. Cillessen was in goal when Blaugrana thrashed Sevilla 5-0 in the final last Sunday but has been widely tipped to leave the club at the end of the season.
Having only made 20 appearances in total since his arrival from Ajax in 2016 the player himself had been expected that he would want to leave Camp Nou.
The list of clubs harbouring interest in Cillessen includes the lik…
Inter Milan flop Geoffrey Kondogbia could end up staying at Valencia on a permanent contract after his loan deal expires this summer.
The French midfielder joined Los Che at the end of the 2017/18 season after failing to impress at Nerazzurri. He ended up making 29 La Liga appearances for Valencia during which time he emerged as an important first team player.
Valencia have an option to make the loan deal for the 25-year-old holding midfielder permanent before May 31 and, according to Cadena Ser, they plan to exercise that right.
The Spaniards have already informed Inter Milan about their intentions and a deal worth €25 million is set to be completed at the end of the running season.
It is understood that Inter Milan are keen to include Joao Cancelo as…
David Moyes has been confirmed as the new Sunderland manager, succeeding England boss Sam Allardyce.
The former Manchester United manager, who has been out of the game since being sacked by Real Socieded in November 2015, only a year after his appointment, has signed a four-year deal.
Moyes oversaw a series of top-half campaigns during his 11 years in charge of Everton and will be looking to improve on Sunderland s 17th-place finish in last season s Premier League.
Allardyce took over at the Stadium of Light in October and led the club to survival before being handed the change to manage England following Roy Hodgson s departure after a poor Euro 2016.
Moyes has been away from the Premier League since being sacked by United in April 2014, nine months aft…
David Moyes believes he was harshly treated by former club Manchester United as he looks ahead to his tenure with Sunderland.
Fronting the media as Sunderland manager, Moyes opened up on his time at Old Trafford, where he was sacked less than a season into a six-year deal with the Premier League giants.
Louis van Gaal eventually replaced Moyes in time for the 2014-15 campaign, though his struggles over the last two seasons proved to the Sunderland boss that he was unfairly treated at Old Trafford.
I ve said all along that I was. When you sign a six-year contract and you end up there ten months, yeah, I believe I was, said the Scot.
But that is life in football. Ultimately the key is to win football matches. I didn t win enough football matches.
…
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho remains calm about the prospect of signing Wayne Rooney and insists he is happy with his attacking options.
Mourinho s men completed their three-game Asian tour with a third win, thrashing an Indonesia All-Stars side 8-1 in Jakarta on Thursday.
But the focus has stayed on Chelsea s bid to sign Rooney, with their initial offer rejected by Manchester United on July 17.
Mourinho said there had been no progress made, but the Portuguese tactician refuses to panic about the situation.
No, at this moment we have made (in terms of offers) what you know. That bid which was public and official and after that nothing else, he said.
But we are calm as we told you that, we are calm because we are happy with what we have.
<…
Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren has confirmed that Cheick Tiote has been left out of their tour of the United States after he was refused a visa.
McClaren s men are in Milwaukee, preparing for the first game of the tour against Club Atlas at Miller Park on Tuesday.
They will then take on Sacramento Republic on Saturday before rounding off the tour by taking on MLS side Portland Timbers.
But Ivory Coast midfielder Tiote has been left to train at home following his unsuccessful visa application.
Obtaining visas for the USA can be difficult for people with criminal convictions. Tiote received a seven-month jail sentence suspended for 18 months and 180 hours community service in October 2013 for possession of a fake driving licence.
McCl…
The big three in Spain are expected to once again go head-to-head to win La Liga
On Friday night La Liga returns for another pulsating campaign of top-flight Spanish action.
Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are once again expected to fight it out for the title.
It seems unlikely that any other team will break that trilogy in the title race. Here is a lowdown of the big three in the Spanish title race:
Barcelona
Last season Barcelona looked imperious for much of the season until a collapse towards the end of the campaign nearly cost them dearly.
While that collapse coincided with a Champions League exit against Atletico Madrid, it did not stop Luis Enrique’s team from being crowned Spanish champions for a successive campaign.…
New signing Antony was named in Manchester United s starting line-up for the first time for Sunday s Premier League clash with Arsenal.
The Brazil international became United s second-most expensive signing when joining from Ajax for £86million (€100m) earlier this week.
Antony was expected to be included among the substitutes against Arsenal, but the winger was instead named in Erik ten Hag s starting XI.
The introduction of debutant Antony was the only change from Thursday s 1-0 win at Leicester City, with Anthony Elanga dropping to the bench.
Cristiano Ronaldo was also named among the subs for the fourth game running, while Casemiro must wait for his first start for the club.
Ten Hag had previously named the same starting line-up for United …
Thomas Tuchel claimed Reece James development is far from over after the right-back signed a new long-term contract with Chelsea.
James has emerged as a key player in Tuchel s Chelsea side since he took over last January, driving forward from a wing-back role or filling in on the right of the German s favoured three-man backline, and has made five Premier League appearances this season.
The England international penned a new five-year contract with the Blues on Monday, which reportedly makes him the highest-paid defender in their history.
Speaking ahead of Chelsea s Champions League opener with Dinamo Zagreb, Tuchel expressed his delight at the Blues ability to tie down one of their prized assets.
Of course, he s a very decisive player for us and he …
Wayne Rooney has reportedly admitted to team-mates that he could leave Manchester United in the summer.
Rooney has maintained a public stance of silence following widespread suggestions that Sir Alex Ferguson might be willing to sell him.
But football website Goal.com has reported that the 27-year-old has privately told club and international colleagues that his Old Trafford future is up in the air.
Rooney harboured the doubts long before he was dropped for last Tuesday s Champions League defeat by Real Madrid.
He is believed to have told team-mates during the international break in the first week of February that he could leave United in the summer.
Although Rooney scored United s second goal upon his return to the starting XI in their 2-2 FA C…